Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core
26×32 Thunderbolt 3 & USB 2.0 Audio Interface with Onboard Real-time Effects
The Discrete 8 Pro SC introduces Antelope Audio’s latest software features and allows studio owners, bands, and recording engineers to record with legendary sound quality. With blazing-fast Thunderbolt 3 and USB 2.0, ultra-low latency performance, and even better effects processing capabilities, the audio interface is worthy of carrying the name of the model that first introduced us to the Synergy Core technology.
- High-fidelity conversion for detailed sound when recording and streaming audio, and 64-bit AFC™ clocking technology delivering spacious stereo image with distinct separation;
- Eight Discrete console-grade 6-transistor preamps on combo XLR jacks for professional recordings. The combo jacks work as microphone/line inputs, and two of them are Hi-Z compatible;
- Eight DC-coupled analog output channels (D-Sub 25), two reamp outputs (TRS), ADAT & S/PDIF I/O. All I/O can be used simultaneously in real time;
- 37 Synergy Core analog-modeled effects included and over 60 available as optional expansions. Processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
- Two routing options are available – standard routing that lets you switch audio sources per channel via drop-down menu and virtual patch-bay allowing the execution of advanced input/output routing via drag and drop.
Uncompromising A/D & D/A conversion and clocking
The A-D/D-A converters and signal clocking are at the heart of every studio. The Discrete 8 Pro has been upgraded with latest generation converters (up to 130dB of headroom) and Antelope Audio’s proprietary 64-bit AFC™ clocking. With the interface in your rack, you can experience a new level of detail in your recordings and enjoy wider soundstage for an exceptional stereo image in audio playback.
The key to transparent recordings
Antelope Audio’s discrete preamps topology is a descendant of the great console preamps of the time. Designed using a combination of transistors, the Discrete preamps result in maximum noise reduction and, most importantly, precise sound capture for most transparent recordings.
Extensive connectivity for your entire studio
The Discrete 8 Pro SC offers impressive analog and digital I/O in one rack space. Eight mic/line inputs, two instrument inputs, eight DC-coupled line outputs on D-Sub 25, two reamp outputs, a pair of monitor outputs, two headphone outputs, ADAT and S/PDIF I/O are at your disposal. For your computer connection, you have USB 2.0 & Thunderbolt 3 ports. All I/O is available at any time and can be used simultaneously without the need to change setups, making it easy to work on multiple sessions.
Push the FX processing further
The 37 effects coming with Discrete 8 Pro are modeled after iconic studio equipment and can be applied in real-time during monitoring, post-production, and live recording. The analog-modeled compressors, EQs and preamps, are processed with near zero latency entirely inside the interface, putting zero load on your host CPU. The onboard Synergy Core contains the processing power of a complex multi-rack setup which enables you to load effects on up to 16 channel strips – this is double the available channel strips compared to the original Discrete 8 SC.
At any time, you can expand your collection by purchasing more analog-modeled effects such as Grove Hill’s Liverpool, and 3rd party effects like Antares’ Auto-Tune.
Expansive feature set
The virtual routing patch-bay on the Discrete 8 Pro streamlines the routing process and even adds creative possibilities. Apart from the intuitive routing, the software control panel allows you to create presets, quickly configure mixes, and more. With the enhanced processing, you can now add effects on every input source.
Conversion & Clocking
- Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 130dB of headroom.
- Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
- 8 × Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings. All work as microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power.
- 8 × DC-coupled line outputs over D-Sub 25.
- Two reamp outputs on TRS ¼ jacks for further amp processing of guitar signal. They can also be used as an additional stereo monitor output – this allows you to have two pairs of monitor speakers playing together simultaneously.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 2.0 port with custom macOS & Windows drivers.
- Digitally expandable over ADAT I/O, with 16 channels available.
- Digitally expandable over S/PDIF I/O, with 2 channels available.
- Three word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input allowing you to sync the Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core with other gear.
- Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function and a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions.
- Two stereo headphone outputs with separate gain control.
- Dedicated stereo monitor output over TRS.
- Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
- Expanded routing capabilities – switch audio sources per channel based on a drop-down menu sequence or make use of a virtual routing matrix.
- Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer and effects settings.
- Customizable monitoring mixes with adjustable volume, pan and reverb.
- Easily accessible front-panel talkback with built-in microphone.
- Front panel with independent headphone and monitor volume knobs and buttons for sample rate configuration, and hands-on control of core parameters. Hardware relay-based gain knobs for each preamp, plus mode control (mic/line/Hi-Z) via push sequence.
- Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation).
- Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.
Real-time effects processing
- Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear.
- Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time effects processing with imperceptible latency.
- Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage microphone emulations
- Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core
- Getting started guide
- USB 2.0 type-B cable
- External power supply unit
Note: Thunderbolt cable is not included.
Included Onboard Effects
Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core comes with 37 effects included:
- 2 Preamps (Gyraf Gyratec IX, BA-31)
- 4 Equalizers (incl. VEQ-1A, VMEQ-5)
- 5 Compressors & Limiters (incl. Stay-Levin, FET-A76, VCA160)
- 22 Guitar Amps & Cabs (incl. Bluelux 1×12, Tube Guitar Amp)
- 2 Special Processing Effects (Expander, Noise Gate)
- 1 Reverb Effect (Auraverb)
- 1 Guitar Tuner (A-Tuner)
Full list of effects
- Gyraf Gyratec IX – Dual Tube Mic Preamp with HPF
- VCA160 – VCA Compressor / Limiter
- Stay-Levin – Vari-Mu Tube Compressor
- FET-A76 – FET Compressor / Limiting Amplifier
- VEQ-1A – 2-Band Tube EQ
- VMEQ-5 – 3-Band Tube Mid-Range EQ
- X903 – VCA Compressor / Limiter
- PowerFFC – Feed-Forward Compressor
- Clear Q – Parametric EQ
- Power EX – Expander
- VEQ-HLF – Tube 2-Band HPF / LPF
- Auraverb – Reverb
- BA-31 – Germanium Mic Preamp
- Power Gate – Noise Gate
- A-Tuner – Guitar Tuner
- Plexi 59 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
- Bass SuperTube VR – Tube Guitar Amp
- Darkface 65 (US) – Tube Guitar Amp
- Top30 (UK) Bright – Tube Guitar Amp
- Tweed Deluxe (US) – Tube Guitar Amp
- Overange 120 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
- BurnSphere (DE) Lead – Tube Guitar Amp
- Marcus II (US) Lead – Tube Guitar Amp
- Modern (US) CH3 – Tube Guitar Amp
- Rock 75 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
- Rock 22.10 (UK) – Tube Guitar Amp
- Darkface 65 2×12 – 2×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Top30 2×12 – 2×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Modern 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Green 2×12 – 2×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Vintage 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Green 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Caliper 50 1×10 – 1×10 Guitar Cabinet
- Bluelux 1×12 – 1×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Clst 1×12 – 1×12 Guitar Cabinet
- England 4×12 – 4×12 Guitar Cabinet
- Bass Tube 1×15 – 1×15 Guitar Cabinet
6 x Mic / Line Inputs
2 x Mic / Line / Hi-Z Inputs
1 x Monitor Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks, +20 dBu max
2 x ReAmp Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks
1 x Line Out (8 channels) on DB25, +20 dBu max
2 x Stereo Headphone Outputs
EIN: -128 dBu (A-weighted)
Dynamic Range: -122 dB (A-weighted)
THD: -116 dB
Max input: +18 dBu
Max Gain: 65 dB
D/A Monitor Converter
Dynamic Range: 130 dB
THD + N: -115 dB
Dynamic Range: 122 dB
THD + N: -116 dB
D/A Converters(Line Out)
Dynamic Range: 121 dB
THD + N: – 100dB
2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
1 x S/PDIF
2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
1 x S/PDIF
USB 2.0 I/O
USB 2.0 Type B connector
Thunderbolt connector 3 on USB-C
Word Clock Input
1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
Word Clock Outputs
3 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
Sample Rates (kHz)
32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
3.0 kg/ 6.61 lbs
Width: 483 mm / 19”
Height: 44 mm / 1.7”
Depth: 220 mm /8.6”