The R-121 is a popular ribbon microphone with a figure-8 pattern. The Output level comparable to a dynamic mic, and a warm, realistic tone and flat frequency response. But that’s where the similarities end. By using advanced materials and a blend of cutting edge and old-school, hand-build construction techniques, the R-121 is an extremely versatile and user-friendly ribbon mic that can stand up to the most demanding tasks. Cranked up electric guitars, close up brass, drums – you name it, the R-121 will help you record it with realism you have to hear to believe.
- High SPL Capabilities
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance