Warm Audio WA-2A Opto Compressor (leveling amp) One Pair
We just received this two Warm Audio WA-2A’s from a customer that is selling his off his equipment from a project studio. They are literally brand new but with the cash savings of not new! No rack rash. Exceptionally clean with very very low use. I just fired them up for a test and they work great! Grab them now as you won’t be disappointed.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of the classic ‘2A optical compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
The WA-2A is a high-voltage, Class-A opto-compressor, utilizing large-core CineMag USA Transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell – considered by many to be the world’s finest.
The WA-2A operates on four tubes: two 12AX7’s, one 12BH7, and one 6aq5 (or 6P1J). We proudly use Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix brand tubes in the signal path, which sound very ‘open’ and LARGE. All 4 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
- ‘2A STYLE, TRANSFORMER BALANCED, HIGH VOLTAGE, OPTO TUBE COMPRESSOR.
- UTILIZES PREMIUM GRADE INPUT AND OUTPUT CINEMAG USA TRANSFORMERS.
- USA MADE KENETEK OPTO-CELL ATTENUATOR T4′ STYLE MODULE. SOCKETED TO ALLOW RETRO-FITTING WITH OTHER OPTO-CELLS.
- PREMIUM TUNG-SOL AND ELECTRO-HARMONIX TUBES. 2X 12AX7, 1X 12BH7, 1X 6AQ5 OR 6P1.
- FULLY DISCRETE SIGNAL PATH.
- VARIABLE PRE-EMPHASIS, ALLOWS FOR COMPRESSION HIPASS FILTERING (TONE CONTROL).
- STEREO-LINK CAPABLE VIA TRS CONNECTOR.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE – 600 OHMS, BRIDGES-T CONTROL (FLOATING).
- XLR AND TRS BALANCED LINE LEVEL OUTPUTS – 600 OHMS IMPEDANCE.
- XLR AND TRS BALANCED LINE LEVEL INPUTS – 600 OHMS IMPEDANCE.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE +/- 1 DB, 15 HZ TO 20KHZ.
- GAIN 40 DB ±1DB.
- INPUT LEVEL +16 DB MAXIMUM.
- OUTPUT LEVEL +10 DB NOMINAL, +16 DB MAXIMUM.
- DISTORTION LESS THAN 0.1% THD AT ±10 DBM.
- NOISE = -74DB.
- ATTACK TIME – 10 MILLISECONDS.
- RELEASE TIME – 0.06 SECONDS FOR 50% RELEASE – 0.5 TO 5 SECONDS FOR COMPLETE RELEASE.
- METER DISPLAYS BOTH DB GAIN REDUCTION AND DB OUTPUT.
NOTE: The original factory boxes are missing, so we will pack them in appropriate safe boxes.