AEA N8 Far-Field NUVO Series Phantom-Powered Ribbon microphone
The N8 captures a space as it sounds live and in person, with all the present subtlety and nuance. Its expansive frequency response and balanced low end make it superbly effective when capturing the full breadth of sound from the back of a room, above a drum set, or overhead a string section.
It boasts the widest frequency range of any mic in the AEA lineup and effortlessly manages more complex source audio like drums, strings, piano, and other instruments that produce intricate transients, harsh highs, and bellowing lows. The full potential of the N8 is perhaps best realized when configured in a stereo array, as it draws on the same successful sonic concepts as the AEA R88.
The N8 is a far-field ribbon mic, meaning it is designed to be positioned at an ideal distance of 12 inches or farther from the source of sound. This far-field design allows for a wide range of options when positioning the N8 to best capture an instrument within the context of a room.
From as far away as 20 feet away, the N8 retains the low end frequencies of the sources it captures, and its open, natural tonality makes it perfect to record an entire orchestrasor the full low end of a drum kit
- Open and natural sound
- Far-field ribbon mic that retains low end and top end from a distance
- Same design philosophy as the AEA R88stereo ribbon mic
- Compact, lightweight, and low-profile design
- Features active electronics and custom transformer optimized for all preamps
- Made in the U.S.A.
• OPTIONAL STEREO SET -includes: 2 N8 microphones, SKB carrying case, SMS Stereo Bar, 2 Nuvo Windscreens, and Blumlein Coupler