Cherry Audio GX-80 Virtual Instrument
This is an Awesome Virtual Instrument! And, it was Chosen by MusicRadar Readers as the Best Software Synthesizer of 2022!
GX-80 is a transformative virtual synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 “Dream Machine” and its renowned descendant the CS-80, to create a powerhouse hybrid. Featuring the carefully crafted and intensely circuit-modeled DSP designs of award-winning developer Mark Barton, Cherry Audio has replicated every subtlety of the classics to create the most authentic emulation of its kind.
GX-80 is not just another CS-80 emulation. GX-80 adeptly integrates the GX-1’s distinctive feature set into the CS-80 architecture; most significantly, the massive dual-layer architecture that effectively made the GX-1 the equivalent of two CS-80s and then some. The GX-1’s unique highpassed resonant pulse and bandpassed sawtooth waves, octave-up triangle wave, and filter envelope inversion are incorporated, opening up a new universe of sonic experimentation. Most notably, GX-80 includes an expert reproduction of the legendary GX-1 filter, delivering exquisite timbres that even the mighty CS-80 cannot produce.
GX-80 boasts an impressive, dual-layer voicing architecture outfitted with 16 polyphonic voices per layer. The instrument is capable of sounding two different CS-80 style sounds simultaneously, while panning each rank independently, to produce exquisitely rich stereo timbres and complex, layered sounds. For ultimate flexibility and expressive performance, GX-80 provides a split keyboard mode and a clever option to simulate polyphonic aftertouch with a monophonic aftertouch controller. What’s more, the GX-80 comes pre-loaded with over 1,000 expertly designed presets and equipped with studio-grade effects, meaning jaw-dropping sounds are no more than a few clicks away.
GX-80 is more than a best-of-both-worlds interpretation of the past, and far more than a replicant. Cherry Audio’s GX-80 is an unprecedented gateway to the sounds and music of an unrealized future.
• A best-in-class virtual instrument based on two monumental analog classics: the GX-1 and CS-80
• Integrates the extended features of the GX-1 with all of the functionality of its descendant, the CS-80, for an absolutely immense sound experience; essentially, two CS-80s and more!
• Massive dual-layer voicing architecture with 16 polyphonic voices per layer: two different CS-80 style sounds simultaneously playable, in either a keyboard split or stacked layer mode, with discrete controls for layer volume and panning
• All GX-1 and CS-80 voicing parameters reproduced, including the GX-1’s unique oscillator-level filtered waveforms, octave-up triangle wave, and invert filter envelope control
• Precision recreation of both the legendary CS-80 and unmatched GX-1 filters
• Four polyphonic voice ranks, each with a voltage-controller oscillator, resonant highpass and lowpass filters, noise generator, sine wave, dual envelope generators, and a velocity-sensitive VCA
• Sub oscillator LFO for each layer with sine, sawtooth, ramp, square, sample and hold, and noise intended for modulation, with tempo sync
• Recreation of the memorable CS ring modulator that modulates the summed output of each pair of ranks with its own independent oscillator
• Coarse pitch range setting for each oscillator in traditional organ footage of 16′, 8′, 5 1/3′, 4′, 2 2/3′ and 2′, as well as the 3 1/5′ and 2 2/7′ footages exclusive to the GX-1
• Virtual pitch ribbon controller precisely modeled on the actual behavior of the original
• GX-1 specific controls clearly distinguished from standard CS-80 control parameters
• Independent rank panning and independent layer stereo effects chain for expansive and breathtaking stereo tones
• Tone Selector includes each of the original CS-80 factory presets plus user sound storage
• Panel Control for selecting layers, with a utility function for exchanging settings between ranks in a layer, the Lower and Upper sound layers, or even between presets
• Over 1,000 essential presets that make the most of every unique aspect of the GX-80, crafted by a talented and diverse group of sound design veterans
• Studio-quality integrated effects: chorus/rotary, flange/phaser, digital/tape delay with sync, and reverb, including our acclaimed “Galactic” reverb algorithm, with global or dual layer modes
• Expressive touch response worthy of the originals: velocity sensitive with support for both polyphonic and monophonic aftertouch, plus a unique “last-note priority” mode for simulated polyphonic aftertouch response
• Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn and mapping (Preset and Global)
• Cherry Audio’s popular Focus zoom-in feature, as well as standard UI zoom and resize with drag
• Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load
• User-adjustable oversampling control
GX-80 is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.
A free 30-day demo of GX-80 is available. This demo will play white noise periodically, but is otherwise unlimited.
macOS Requirements: macOS 10.13 or above. macOS 13 Ventura supported. 64-bit required. Native Apple M1 processor support, including Apple M1 Ultra. 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended.
Windows Requirements: Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required. 3.4 GHz Quad-Core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended.
NOTE: Internet connection required for product activation.
Audio DAWg is an Authorized Cherry Audio Dealer
This software is provided to you as an Electronics download. You will receive a Serial, Registration or Activation Code from us. And Download instructions for the latest version of the software.
All software purchases are final and not returnable. Please make sure your computer supports this application.