sE RNR1 Rupert Neve Active Ribbon High Frequency Microphone
Rupert Neve’s new custom circuit design now allows high frequencies to be captured and output from the capsule for the first time ever in pristine detail. Standard performance of the RNR1 is an unprecedented 20Hz to 25KHz – three times the frequency range of even the best available competitor ribbon mics on the market today!
More than this, Mr Neve’s hand-wound custom input and output transformers create huge amounts of headroom and effectively lower the noise levels by using gain stages to amplify the signal. The slight dip in the frequency response from 16-25KHz in the RNR1 can therefore be effectively flattened if required, producing an almost perfectly flat response, way beyond what human ears can perceive. This is crucial in making the RNR1 by far the best performing ribbon mic in the world today.
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with active electronics
- Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 25KHz
- Sensitivity: -32 dB (referenced 1v/pa ±1dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB (A weighted)
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms balanced
- Rated Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Max SPL: >135dB
- Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)